Friday, February 23, 2018

In February 2012 our painting journey began

Yates Mill by Robert Rigsby, oil on linen

Creek in Winter by Brenda Behr, 10x8" oil on panel
I am tickled. I found a whole slug of Rob’s paintings on my computer. I apologize that I do not know the sizes, or for sure, the titles of all of his works. I do know that for most of the time we painted together, Rob was painting on stretched linen.

It did not take much time for Rob and I to figure out that it would be a lot more fun and a lot more economic to car pool on our trips to the long-pose figure study sessions at Artspace, and that we could tack on an afternoon plein air excursion to these outings. Thus, our trips to Raleigh continued. In late February we visited Yates Mill just off Lake Wheeler Road south of Raleigh. I painted the creek; Rob painted the Mill. Sometimes we painted the same view; sometimes, not. Our plein air paintings were about painting, not about chatting; we had time for plenty of that during our commutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment