Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Meeting Robert, the Veterinarian

Most of my memories of Rob Rigsby will include his paintings, but first the story of how we met in 2007.
He owned his own practice at Goldsboro Veterinary Hospital which I had been told was the only veterinary practice in Wayne County that would treat exotic animals. My “exotic” animal was a lop-eared bunny named Magic that I loved with all my heart. I had brought Magic with me on my flight home from Minneapolis after having left North Carolina for thirty-seven years.
“My mother just died, and I can’t handle anymore loss right now. I need to buy some time,” were perhaps the first words out of my mouth when I first met Dr. Rigsby. My sweet bunny Magic was sick and after almost nine years with me, was preparing to die. I cry now when I think of it. And so, Robert helped me keep Magic alive until I was ready to let him go. He is the vet who helped facilitate the process of my letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment